Downers Grove Patch debuts

downersgrove.patch.com rolls out.

EJ’s newest venture is up and running!  All of you to head over and kick the tires.  Hyperlocal is still the watchword for this AOL backed effort, but EJ finally has some access to resources that, frankly, are beyond a blogger.

Registration is simple.  You can read, comment, suggest, even contribute stories or upcoming events.

This site will stay up as an archive resource.  EJ spent a lot of time putting topical information up about happenings as they went down.  Consider the stove turned back from boil to slow simmer.

But for now, bookmark downersgrove.patch.com so you can stay informed on all things Downers Grove.

7 Responses to “Downers Grove Patch debuts”
  1. Earl M. McGuire 18 September 2010 at 2:08 pm #

Your new web site is out of my league, I will just be a reader there. I hope it rewards you better, EJ. Even though Downers has change a great for me, I still considerate home. Thanks for allowing me to keep plugged into the best suburban town in the Midwest!

2. DGdude 18 September 2010 at 9:36 pm #

I would just take this blog down. no need for it with the Patch up.

3. Chad D. Walz 18 September 2010 at 9:43 pm #

Maybe the Meat’s and Not Sure’s of the world will actually add meaningful content over on the Patch, instead of the drive by hits on people who they don’t agree with. Only time will tell if people have the audacity to actually sign there real names to their posts. Peace.

4. fromtheheart 20 September 2010 at 9:31 am #

I would like to see the DG Report continue as a place where political type stories or community actvitests type subjects are reported and blogged about as well as opinions from resdients. The Patch is really terrific but I dont see the same type of respones to stories there as I do here. Mark, I hope you keep this going and active and have folks like MEAT and Chad chime in with there creative comments.

5. Meat 20 September 2010 at 10:11 am #

Is that bait?!?

Well, I’ll certainly try, but the definition of ‘meaningful’ depends on the reader. I’m excited about the hyper-local focus of Patch and even more excited to be a part of it.

..and I promise you, none of my reviews or columns will ever include a Portmanteau with the prefix ‘Obama’, or blame the poor quality of a restaurants fare on the Dems in Washington. Promise.

6. HS 20 September 2010 at 5:25 pm #

Funny, i thought they already did add meaningful posts. Guess I was wrong…cause everyone knows a thought or quote isn’t worth a darn if you don’t have the author’s name, rank, serial number, address, and number of years residing in Downers Grove!

Patch looks good!