Dear DGreport readers,

I miss you guys.

I miss writing for this forum.

I want it to continue in some form.

I may someday to return to it — in fact, the events of recent days make that almost a certainty.

At any rate, I’ll have more to say when I have more than five minutes to pull my thoughts together. In the meantime, please do visit Downers Grove Patch. It’s still a work in progress, but I believe it has something new, different and better to offer the DG community. And some of you may be very happy to know that, so far at least, there are no anonymous comments on Patch. Because, as we all know — and were often told — that was the major sticking point with the DGreport. Or not.

Anyhow, I’ll be back by this weekend, at the latest. Give some thought to how you see this site continuing without me. If nothing else, it will serve as an archive of the past four years come election season 2011. And come to think of it, that may be enough for now.

10 Responses to “Dear DGreport readers,”
  1. Bob LeMay 22 September 2010 at 8:52 am #

“in fact, the events of recent days make that almost a certainty.”

(Ominous music playing in the background…)

This doesn’t sound good….

2. Mark Thoman 22 September 2010 at 12:55 pm #

EJ, give Patch a run and see what happens. You put in a lot of time and effort getting it launched.

Anyone here have any suggestions how DGreport can stay active on simmer? Maybe more discussion topics rather than full blown posts?

3. fromtheheart 22 September 2010 at 3:26 pm #

EJ Dont give up the Patch!

4. Earl M. McGuire 24 September 2010 at 5:53 am #

Just because your co-workers are more youthful just remember like the movie Fried Green Tomatoes; you have a better rate of car insurance than them. If it is a jerky boss you’ll out last him. EJ you are more in tune with the community of Downers then they will ever be, this Patch concept appears to a winner. But what do I know I just got a 16 on the ACT in high school.

5. Heard A Rumor, makes me sick. 25 September 2010 at 4:59 pm #

Off topic, it makes sick Manger Sandberg might be managing a Canadian Baseball team. Mr. Henry, please get your head out the sand!!!! The man has proven himself time and time again. Overcoming personal manners to become the greatest slugger at second base that baseball has ever seen. Apples and oranges in regarding this Chicago history, former bear player lead the Chicago Bears to Super Bowl Victory. I know overtop, too much like Hollywood movie. I feel it, I know it is the right decision; Manger Sandberg should Managed the Cubs next season. Manger of the year in Pacific League, thrown out of 4-5 games on bad calls this past season ( I know I witness one with my own eyes this past September), a players/manager the staff told me in Des Moines, Iowa. Manger Sandberg will lead the Chicago Cubs “All the Way!” Please Mr. Henry don’t screw this one up. Ryan Sandberg, Ken Burns has the film ready and I and millions of other fans will save our loud cheering voices the Cubbies “All the WAY.” Manger Sandberg of the Chicago Cubs, it just sounds right.

6. DGdude 26 September 2010 at 3:25 pm #

16 on the ACT. That answers a lot of questions for me.

7. KellyDGM 28 September 2010 at 8:55 pm #

Maybe guest postings? Or a format similar to the infamous DGTalk…… DGREPORT is hard to give-up, even though I love the patch!

8. Not Sure 29 September 2010 at 11:42 am #

Is that supposed to say “manager”?

9. Response from Heard A Rumor, makes me sick 7 October 2010 at 9:08 am #

Guessing my typo/misspelling or incorrect use of the English grammar on DGreports makes my opinions worthless in the eyes of those properly educated. If only I could walk on water and fly with the birds. It just seems that everyone has a strong opinion on who should be the next Cubs “manager.” Some like the current one Mike Quade with his good results, and many others. I just think Ryne Sandberg has paid his dues and earned the position to Manage the Chicago Cubs.

10. Just A Guy Who Loves Downers!!! 18 October 2010 at 11:35 am #

Dusty, Deek, and Mr. Do-Right: High School Football in Illinois: what the heck no mention of Downers great Football teams or great prayers in this new book about Illinois High School Football. Who wants to join me on teepeeing the authors house, Taylor Bell (I’m joking)?